In a way, however (and bear with me while I wax philosophical) this need for balance mirrors the diverse needs of young people. What I mean is, if the Internet and social tools had no consequences, and if they continued to be more and more cost effective, this would be the only tool used in classrooms and homes to teach children. But because there really are negative consequences to the internet, there are still non-digital tools being used. And this is so important when it comes to methods of learning. “Learning Style” is such a buzz word, but I believe it is true. My experience as a parent has given me no doubt that kids, even from the same family, can have vastly different ways of learning best.
Unfortunately, though, money and convenience and expert opinion can have more sway on how we teach than the kids themselves. So it is a really good thing that these experts are saying too much internet and too much digital distraction can be harmful, because the kids who learn best by other methods will not be left by the wayside.
0 comments:
Post a Comment